Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blind man and Infosys

Source: Forward

It wasn’t that great morning today but became one after I rushed to get INFOSYS bus to EC. I stay at BTM 2nd stage, where traffic is peak between 7.00am to 10.00am (thanks to all company buses). As usual I was eager to cross the road to catch the bus and then I saw visually challenged person who also wanted to cross the road. Anyway, even I wanted to cross so I thought of giving him company.

The moment, I held him and said “let’s cross”; he asked whether I am a infosion. I was wonderstruck and my cluster of grey cells starting buzzing up (why he didn’t ask my name or where I work, why directly asked whether a infosion I am). I literally interrogated him for asking me this question. He smiled and replied,

“Everyday I stand here waiting for somebody to help me cross this road. I know that this place is a stop for many company buses, but each day only a infosion help me reach the other side.”

That very moment made me flash 1000w smile (I wonder what people must have thought :-)). But these beautiful words changed my perception. I realized that we do “act with sensitivity” in our day-to-day lifestyle. Everyday morning unwritten agenda of mine was to blame INFOSYS for making me away from Mumbai but today the feeling of proud has sunk in so much that still I am keeping my head high and those goose bumps haven’t settled down yet.

No comments: